The Ghost Paper Challenge
The Ghost Paper Challenge has become one of the most popular paranormal games on the internet. It appears the game’s origins don’t span back too far in time, though it gained popularity with many Youtubers jumping on the trend a couple of years ago. The game is quite simple and players should take care when playing, as with all games.
How to Play the Ghost Paper Challenge
Gather supplies to play this game. You will need a piece of paper, pen or pencil, candle, matches and a room with a door. You should also be aware of the time as this game needs to be played at 3 am.
Prepare to play by turning off all the lights in your home. Enter the room you wish to play and close the door. Place your piece of paper on the floor in front of the closed door. Light and place your candle next to the paper. Now, wait until 3 am.
When the clock hits 3, knock three times on the door and repeat: “spirit of the door, I welcome you; make yourself present and come through.”
Now you can begin to communicate. Use your pen or pencil to write down a question on the paper. Then place the pen on the paper and slide them both halfway under the door. You should now wait.
If the paper does not move, your attempt to summon a ghost has failed. You should then skip to the last step to end the game. If the pen and paper are moved, you have been successful and should proceed.
If you do not receive the paper back, you should immediately end the game. If the paper slides back, you should read your response. If the spirit seems angered by what you have asked end the game.
If successful, you may repeat this until you have asked three questions. You should then end the game. To do so, thank the spirit, and blow out your candle. You should also make sure to keep the door shut until the sun rises and daylight is present.
Warnings About Playing
As with all games it pays to be cautious as you never know when you will receive a response when reaching out to the spirit world. However, it is highly likely this game was created for some lighthearted fun.
- Though this is primarily a one-player game, it can be played with more participants inside the room. You should still limit what you ask to just three questions.
- If you receive a response that seemed agitated by what has been asked, you should end the game immediately and thank the spirit.
- You can ask anything you want, but you should always be respectful.
- Never ask more than three questions.
- Don’t open the door at any point during the game and even once you have finished playing you should wait until sunrise to open the door again.
Thanks for reading!